California Driver’s License Suspension/Revocation Hearings
Posted on August 7, 2013
A driver’s license suspension or revocation hearing before the DMV can be intimidating. That’s why you may want to work with a Redwood City criminal defense attorney to help defend your case.License Suspension/Revocation Hearings
A Redwood City criminal defense attorney can explain to you that there are several different types of DMV suspension/revocation hearings that can include:
- DUI Suspension. Following a DUI arrest, the DMV will likely automatically seek to suspend your license. However, you will still have an opportunity to challenge the suspension.
- Negligent Operator Suspension. Drivers who have accrued too many points may have their license suspended for being a negligent operator. You will usually receive a warning letter before the suspension.
- Mental/Physical Condition Suspension. Someone with a mental or physical incapacity may have their license revoked. At the hearing, you may have the opportunity to show why revocation is not appropriate.
The obvious benefit of working with a Redwood City criminal defense lawyer is that you will have an experienced advocate for your case at the hearing.
However, there are many additional benefits of hiring a Redwood City criminal defense attorney including:
- Bureaucracy. The DMV is a vast and complex bureaucracy. Dealing with the DMV can be a major headache, and you can let your Redwood City criminal defense attorney handle this unpleasant task.
- Loopholes in Laws. Even most lawyers may not understand the details and complexities of the Vehicle Code. However, an experienced Redwood City criminal defense attorney can help use the laws for your benefit.
- Interpersonal Relationships. The reality of a DMV hearing is that the results may depend on interpersonal relationships between your Redwood City criminal defense lawyer and the hearing officers. A lawyer may argue before the board on a frequent basis and have built a relationship of trust and honesty with the decisionmakers that can benefit you.
If you need assistance with a driver’s license suspension or revocation hearing, contact a Redwood City criminal defense lawyer at Silveira Law by calling (415) 795-3890.