California Failure to Yield Law
Posted on November 7, 2013
A traffic attorney in Redwood City can assist you if you have been charged with the traffic violation of failure to yield. Failure to yield comprises several traffic violations in the California Vehicle Code.
A traffic lawyer in Redwood City can explain to you that this traffic violation can have severe consequences, including costing you your driver’s license and monetary fines. For this reason, it is very important to work with an attorney who can help you beat the charges.A Traffic Lawyer in Redwood City Discusses Types of Failure to Yield Violations
Some common yield violations that a traffic attorney in Redwood City can explain to you include:
- Right of Way at Intersection. You generally have to give the right of way to another driver who is already at an intersection. However, a traffic attorney in Redwood City may help you prove that you were at the intersection first.
- Four-Way Stop Signs. You typically have to yield to the driver who stopped first or the driver to your right if you stopped at the same time. Again, your traffic attorney in Redwood City can explain how difficult this may be for authorities to prove.
- Left Turns. Drivers making a left turn usually have to yield to oncoming traffic.
- Crosswalks. Drivers must yield to pedestrians in crosswalks.
- Pedestrians on Sidewalks. Similarly, a driver must yield to a pedestrian on a sidewalk such as in situations where the driver is pulling into a driveway.
Keep in mind that failure to yield charges are very fact specific. A traffic attorney in Redwood City can help you prove that you did not violate these laws.Contact a Traffic Lawyer in Redwood City
If you have been charged with a failure to yield violation, contact a traffic attorney in Redwood City to work on your defense.
While a traffic violation may not seem that serious, the reality is that the charge can cost you thousands of dollars and even impact your ability to earn a living if you have your license suspended.
Reach a traffic attorney in Redwood City at Silveira Law by calling (415) 795-3890. Don’t fight your ticket alone.