Get Help with Your DUI
Facing a DUI charge is never easy, but with the help of a DUI attorney Redwood City, you may be able to feel more educated and knowledgeable about exactly what you are up against and what your options are. The most important information about any DUI offense are the elements. These are the facts that the prosecution needs to prove beyond a reasonable doubt to secure a conviction under the law, for example, the legal blood alcohol level and whether you were the driver of the car. If they fail to prove any of the elements for the specific offense they have charged you with, you and your DUI attorney Redwood City may be able to establish reasonable doubt. The laws around DUIs are complicated and have a lot of technicalities that you may want your DUI attorney Redwood City to go over with you. The specific charge will outline:
- The possible fines and consequences of a conviction, including maximum and minimum penalties.
- Whether driver’s license revocation or suspension is on the table.
- Whether alcohol education or diversion programs might be available as an alternative to incarceration.
- Whether you will also face civil liability for any damages or injuries caused.
- Possible defenses available to you and your DUI attorney Redwood City
If your case goes to trial, you will have the option of testifying in your own defense. If you do, you will testify under penalty of perjury, meaning you must tell the truth or face criminal prosecution. Your attorney will make sure you understand the necessity of telling the truth. If you intend to lie on the stand, your attorney will not be able to effectively represent you and may have an obligation to take certain steps to prevent it.Contact DUI Attorney Redwood City
For more information on what your options are when facing a DUI charge, contact DUI attorney Redwood City CA at Silveira Law. Call (415) 795-3890.