Questions Your Lawyer Will Ask about Your DUI
Posted on November 27, 2014
When you meet with your DUI lawyer in San Francisco, you will go through a list of questions that will help your defense. Think carefully about the answers to the questions. Your attorney will work with you to develop a solid case strategy for your DUI.Before the Traffic Stop
- Why were you pulled over?
- Did the officer give a reason for stopping you?
- Did the officer give you any traffic tickets?
- Was there an innocent reason for the possibly questionable behavior that caused the stop?
- Did the officer watch you leave a bar or restaurant?
- Where did you pull over and why?
- How was the lighting at the location?
- Did you admit alcohol consumption to the officer?
- Exactly what did the officer say when they asked you to step out of your vehicle?
- Did you have any difficulty exiting your vehicle?
- Did the officer place you under arrest or give you permission to leave?
- Did they do or say anything that might have been questionable?
- Who was with you? Were there other witnesses?
- Did the officer intimidate you into taking the field sobriety tests or tell you they were mandatory?
- Did they explain the tests or show you how to do them?
- Did they ask you about any limitations or about your health?
- Which tests did you take?
- Where were you at the time?
Our DUI attorney in San Francisco will review the important facts and variables that could impact your case and make a favorable difference in the outcome. You can reach a DUI lawyer in San Francisco with Silveira Law at (415) 795-3890 for further information.